Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what to do on date night with your spouse or boyfriend. The standard date night – dinner and a movie gets old. Here are some ideas of some fun things to do in the summer that won’t break the bank:
- Go to an Amusement Center – Go to a fun amusement center (without the kids) and enjoy a round of miniature golf, bumper boats, arcade games, laser tag or go-karts.
- Go to a Water Park – Go in the evening to a water park (where prices may be discounted for later admission) and enjoy going down slides together.
- River Tubing – Floating a river can be enjoyable, relaxing, and a great chance to talk!
- Early Morning Hike – Take an early morning hike when the heat isn’t unbearable and pack a breakfast picnic to enjoy along the way.
- Go to a Community Pool – Go to a community pool as a group date and play pool games like: Marco Polo, Water Volleyball, Sharks and Minnows and Water Polo.
- Early Morning Run – Go running or jogging on a trail by a river or in the mountains. My husband and I used to do this all the time when we were first dating. Exercising on a date is fun!
- Bike Ride – Ride bikes together and bike to a restaurant. We have done this a few times and it’s one of our favorite dates.
- Ultimate Frisbee and Frisbee Golf – Go to a nearby park as a group date and play either Ultimate Frisbee or Frisbee Golf. If you already have the Frisbee or can borrow one from a friend, this date is extremely cheap and fun.
- Bowling – Cool off in an air-conditioned bowling alley and have fun challenging your date to a fun game of bowling.
What are some of your favorite summer-time dates?
About the Author –